Project Name: Romancing the Holidays Box Set
Must finish by:
August 15. Due September 7
- 20-25k words – holiday theme
- must be romance but can be another sub-genre (rather than contemporary)
- sweet/clean read or mild steamy ie. if there is lovemaking the bedroom door must be shut.
- No C, D, or F words
- Must be HEA, no cliffhangers
- will be using IndieWrites to format and promote; they take 15% of all sales before proceeds are split between 8 participating authors (used to be 10-12 but they left the set)
- Due September 7, 2018
- Set will sell for $0.99 and in Kindle Unlimited
- Buy-in or contribution, nonrefundable: $100
Caitlin O’Halloran (Jordan’s sister from Falling for Jordan)
Campbell Murphy (Jordan’s best friend and the boy next door)
Brother’s best friend/Best friend’s sister
Friends to Lovers
There’s an unspoken rule when it comes to your best friend: he may be your brother from another mother, but don’t ever fall for his gorgeous and smart sister, no matter what happens.
But when Caitlin O’Halloran ends up needing a ride home after a failed blind date, she ends up in my bed instead. Not that we do anything we shouldn’t do for there’s no way I’m jeopardizing my friendship with her brother and the family who took me in when my world fell apart so many years ago.
There’s only one problem: I can’t stop thinking about her.
I’ve known Campbell all my life. He’s the boy next door and my brother’s best friend… the one man outside of family whom I can be completely myself with.
But when I wake up in his bed the morning after my blind date abandons me for someone else, there are two things I suddenly can’t ignore: Campbell Murphy is all grown up in more ways than one, and I no longer want to be just his best friend’s sister. I want to be more… so much more.
But even if we end up not working out—as long as we don’t tell anyone—is it worth sacrificing a lifetime of trust between families? Or is it worth a shot at something that had always been there all along?